The ways that we usually set up “cross-functional” teams doesn’t really help us with this, but it’s crucial for each member and role in a product development team to ask these questions on a regular basis:
- “How are our features doing in the production?”
- “Are they meeting users’ needs?”
- “How do we know that that’s the case?”
- “Are they solving the problem that they were supposed to solve?”
- “Is the work and effort we’re putting in delivering value or we’re just spinning our expensive wheels?”
In the same way that quality is not a responsibility of a single role or a person, making sure we’re delivering value is also not a responsibility of a Product Manager/Product Owner, but a whole team.